- Somewhere between December and February a whole bunch of babies are going to be born.
- The holidays are right around the corner, and everyone is ready to head into turkey coma.
- You’re still trying to figure out if your current contingency plans are going to work for the long haul, or if you need to rethink them.
I’m not sure if you thought this far ahead as it related to COVID, everyone quarantined in the beginning, but the reality is that you’ve probably got pregnancies with due dates somewhere between the end of December and March of 2021.
- I know most people think that you can wait until a few weeks before someone goes out on maternity (or paternity) leave and get someone trained real quick and you’re set. And if you think this way, you’re also somebody who thought COVID would have been gone by now too.
- The reality is that when you have people going out (especially when you know it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of when), you should be thinking and planning at least 3 months in advance. Put your plan in place. Will others fill the gap, will you need supplemental help just to get you through this temporary timeframe?
- And if they’re in your recruiting department, remember, it takes a good 2 solid months to get someone through the recruitment process, so don’t sit on this if you don’t want to lose the potential of good, solid candidates.
The holidays are right around the corner… Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s.
- With your staff still probably running rather lean, either by choice or not, don’t go into turkey coma land or you’re going to have a rude awakening and be seriously behind the eight ball come the new year.
- Most employers put the brakes on hiring during the holidays, and then have to play catch up upon return. Most hiring managers have expectations of new employees starting in the first quarter, not waiting until the first quarter to start the recruiting process. You should be working on building a pipeline for the first quarter in the last quarter of the year, Yes! During the holiday season.
- And what else are you dealing with during this holiday season? People are still taking advantage of unemployment vs. going back to work. People ghosting you for phone screens, virtual interviews, maybe even the actual onsite interviews. Listen, there are people out there who do want to be working, who are looking for those new opportunities. Don’t wait until someone else scoops up all the good ones. And if you don’t have the resources, then utilize someone who does, and who is also affordable.
Have you figured out yet that your current contingency plans are not going to work for the long haul?
- Proper planning, proper resources, looking at the ebbs and flows of your business, this is the time to put a new plan in place. It might even be time to consider something you either didn’t know existed, or that you’ve shied away from because you didn’t think it would work with your set up.
- It’s called Supplement Recruiting Support, it’s what we like to call Flex Recruiting. Let us help you to identify the immediate need you have as it relates to the staffing of your business. And then allow us the opportunity to offer up a plan to position you for success.
- There are no pay per placement fees, as we are NOT an agency. We are an extension of your existing recruiting or HR team, at a fraction of the cost. We have more than 30 years combined experience in recruiting, throughout multiple industries, at all levels (from manual labor, to C-Level executives). Don’t waste another moment of time struggling to figure out how to redesign your contingency plan, make us a part of that plan.